"I believe in a country where hard work and merit, not privilege or background, determines success."
Tony Blair 2005

Sunday, February 20, 2005

The forgotten One Cent Coin

Have you ever been shortchanged by a few cents? Has it ever happened that your one cent coins were not legal tender? It is puzzling when one cent coins are no longer accepted as a denomination of a certain currency. Many restaurants that I have frequented have shortchanged me by a few cents. One cent it seems would not make any difference and that customers would neglect this oversight by the cashier? On another occasion, when I gave 10 one cent coins to buy a newspaper, it was rejected by the newspaper vendor. His reason," The banks will not accept this!" I am left perplexed. Are one cent coins no longer legal tender?

How is it possible? Would it be fair to either the consumer or the seller if sales are rounded up to the nearest figure? Who would decide? Would the accounts ever be balanced by repeatedly ignoring such minute sums? The answer is pretty obvious. We are not yet ready to live without the one cent coin. It remains cash and has its usefulness.

I suggest that the next time someone shortchanges you, demand for what is rightfully yours. Make it known that we are not fools and ask them in return if they would accept it if a lesser figure is paid. As for those who do not accept one cent coins, I would rather then take my business elsewhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good post. I thanks for post. youy can learn more information from Foresight CCTV

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me
Links
Mail & IM






My status

drcheah 17391153



This site is powered by the ICQ2Go Panel © 2002 ICQ Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use of ICQ2Go Panel is subject to the ICQ Terms of Service.

Guestbook & MISC



The GMBL [?]
[random go!] Add me!

Powered by Blogger


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Also Contributes to

Generate your own e-mail logo here